As one of the largest musician communities on Instagram, a big part of what we do is provide tools and tips to help musicians develop their own followings, and get featured on our channels.
Below you’ll find the content guide we provide artists, record labels, and brands we work with to help them create content that is highly engaging, and that will perform well on their and our Instagram channels.
Be sure to watch our YouTube series, Instagram Strategy for Musicians to dig in deeper.
- We post all instruments and all styles of music.
- Your video must look good and sound good.
- We are looking for videos that are engaging so we will look at how many likes, comments, and views your video already has.
- Your profile must be public so we can repost your content.
- There are two types of features: Timeline and Story.
- Story features: tag #pickupjazz, post regular, high quality portrait videos. Remember only the first 15 seconds will be featured.
- Timeline features are much more difficult to get. Share exceptional content. Get in the top posts of #pickupjazz consistently.
- The big picture: we need you. We need great content. Make content that we can’t help but post.